Nail Mail From Kati!

Just after I got back from my holiday I got nail mail from my friend Kati. We had planned to swap some polish the next time we met up, but with both our holidays our paths never seemed to cross.  The sneaky devil stuck my polish in an envelope and mailed it!  I was so excited to get this unexpected package!

I immediately sat down to test out these polishes!

highdef

The first one I tried was China Glaze – High Def.  I really love this color!  I am quite partial to blue and purple colors anyway but this went on so smooth and looked so nice.  What a great color! 

As luck would have it, I didn’t have to remove the High Def in order to try the other polish she sent me, becaaaaauuse…

highdefshatter

It was a top coat!  Opi’s Silver Shatter!  I gave myself a day with the High Def alone, and then added the Silver Shatter to check it out.  I think it probably would be more striking with a different color under it but it still looked kind of cool. 

I still need to get the hang of the crackle / shatter polishes. I can never figure out if it’s best to do a thin or thick coat.  I seem to get different results no matter how I do it.

Do you have any tips on how to get the best results with these polishes?


3 comments:

Renee (@pinkypie) August 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

no tips but my stepdaughter had a black crackle top coat with her whilst on holiday and I put it over my bright pink polish (that I ended up not liking very much on my fingers, but looked good on my toes) and I actually LOVED the effect!

I absolutely love the look and colour of the first polish!! *swoon*

Kelly August 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

Pretty color! I am still trying to get the hand of crackle as well... i prefer big chunky (but not too far spaced) cracks... I realy dislike the stringy cracks... yours look nice:)

Anonymous,  August 21, 2011 at 3:46 AM  

WOW! I love that polish!!!! It is so awesome.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors So Far

  © Gettin' Girlie Design by Emporium Digital