World of Warcraft Lava Nails


After trying out the High Def with Silver Shatter I wanted to do something with a crackle polish that had a bit more oomph to it.   My husband and I have been playing a little World of Warcraft recently and I thought, hey… why not make some lava nails!

lavawow
Here’s a photo for those of you who have never played.  Yes, I actually love you all enough to log in and fly to somewhere with lava just so you could see what I am talking about.  I bet you all know where I’m going with this already!

50sRed
The color I used for the base was from the new Essence collection, 50's Girls Reloaded.  It’s a bright fire engine red color called Back to the 50’s.  It took a few coats to get rid of the VNL (visible nail line) and even after two heavy coats it was still somewhat visible.  It didn’t matter since I knew I was going to be covering it anyway.  It was so difficult to get a photo of this polish.  I ended up using the flash because with non flash photos it seemed to blend in with my fingers too much.  I could have gotten out the light box but I couldn’t be bothered, this give you a pretty good representation of the color.

50sRedShatter
This is with China Glaze Black Crackle on top.  Once again I tried to change how I added the crackle by doing thinner and thicker coats.  I’ve not perfected it yet but it came out pretty much the way I wanted to… like lava peeking through the ashes!

I should have done a coat of Seche Vite over the crackle but I had other plans for my nails the next day and planned on removing it.  My bottle of the SV top coat is getting low and I didn’t want to waste it.  So it still looked quite textured.


3 comments:

Sarahlouise1986 August 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Love it!...I played for 5 years...but for the last 12 months have tried to go back and quit every time, i think its been roughly 3 months since i last played lol. but love the nails sweetie!

Unknown August 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

Love it! Great idea to get inspiration from your game!

Minty August 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

This looks amazing! It really does remind me of lava. Great job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors So Far

  © Gettin' Girlie Design by Emporium Digital