London’s Weather Forecast

The weather here in the Netherlands has been rather dreary for the last while, and last week my husband deserted me for a few days in London… so it wasn’t hard to find motivation for my latest manicure.
l

My rainy day manicure… perfect for the dark and depressing weather we’ve had over the last while, and suiting to my mood of late.  Not sure why but I’ve been in a bit of a funk the last few days. I blame lack of real sunshine.
london3
The base I used was London’s Weather Forecast by Catrice.  It was easy to apply and looked quite nice after two coats. It was the perfect texture and didn’t make me feel like the paint was working against me.  I love when the application goes smoothly. No matter what the color is, if I don’t like putting it on I’m not going to continue to use it.
london4
I used one of the french tip designs on Konad plate m45.  I could say that doing it diagonally was my original idea but it only came to be after I flubbed up the first try.  It went totally crooked and I stopped, looked at it and thought “Hrmm, I kinda like it!”, so I continued on doing the rest crooked as well.   I guess I’ll practice getting it straight next time!
london
I never thought I’d actually like grey on my nails but I do! I can’t deny that I’m looking forward to the sun coming back though, it will help get me in the mood for some bright and cheery manicures!
I also used Seche Vite base and top coats and I have to say the more I use these products the more enamored I become with them.  My nails have never been as smooth and shiney, or as quick drying, as they are with the Seche Vite top coat.  Love it beyond words!


4 comments:

Kari May 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

I'm not familiar with Catrice but if all of their polishes look as good as this one, I'm a fan! ;)

Jenn May 23, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Reminds me of the weather around here too!

Breigh May 28, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

@Kari - I quite like Catrice polishes from what I know of them at the moment!

@Jenn - It's not improved all that much since. Lots of clouds but not a lot of rain!

Nicole June 17, 2011 at 4:58 AM  

oooh im so excited about this mani i have some tip stamps that i havent used cause i dont like the look of them straight but i will try it off to the side! i like your blog you are really funny!!

your latest stalker,
xoxo Nicole

http://nailsonthegobynicole.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Visitors So Far

  © Gettin' Girlie Design by Emporium Digital